Tuesday 3 June 2014

Crockpot Honey Orange Chicken


Adjusting from one child to two is an experience. It is well worth it but combined with volunteer commitments it doesn't leave much time for anything else. I have still been cooking but for the most part haven't been measuring, not the best thing when I want to post a recipe. I'm easing back into posting my recipes again, starting with this adaptation of my most popular recipe; sweet and sour chicken. Let me know in comments how you like it.
Enjoy!


Honey Orange chicken

1 diced green pepper
1 diced red pepper
1 can of diced pineapple with juice
1 diced onion
2 inch minced ginger
4 garlic cloves minced
2 large chicken breasts diced
3 tsp Orange zest

Sauce
1/2 cup honey
3 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup cider vinegar (You can use white if you want the cider is just a nicer flavour)
5 tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate

Slurry
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/3 cup water


Whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce.
Place the rest of the ingredients except for the slurry in the crockpot, pour sauce over.
Cook on low for 5 hours.
15 minutes before serving whisk in slurry.
Serve over rice or noodles

No comments:

Post a Comment