Tuesday 27 August 2013

Vegetarian Taco Salad (not a full recipe)

This one isn't so much a recipe as a post to remind myself how I made it so tasty. Sorry for the not so great picture and the not exact recipe, I hadn't planned on posting it on here until everyone started asking me how I made it.



For the bowls I took flour tortillas, coated both sides with oil, inverted quart canning jars and draped them over that, I baked them on convection 375 for about 10 minutes. 

For the corn I diced 1 ripe jalapeno, 1 yellow pepper, drained a jar of our corn from last year, roasted it in the pan on the stove with some chipotle powder, unscented coconut oil (One that Clay made last year, it is really smokey) near the end I squirted a little lime in, dumped it in a bowl to cool and added 1/2 tsp of liquid smoke.

 For the beans I quick soaked dry black beans, tossed them in the crockpot with chipotle powder, garlic powder. After they were done I drained them put them in a baking pan, salted well and baked for about 10 minutes at 375 until they were dry and the flavour turned a little smokey. For the dressing I added equal parts EVOO, lime juice and guacamole, a little garlic powder and pepper and emulsified it.

No comments:

Post a Comment