Monday 5 November 2012

Mmm, Beef dip, a lovely comforting meal on a dreary day. I really enjoyed this, Orion picked out all the meat, ate it. He wouldn't touch the bun, he isn't a fan of white flour. He also dipped his cucumbers in the "jus"




Beef dip 
1 lb beef I just used stewing beef cubes, but you can use whatever cut you would like
2 cups beef broth
3 tsp 3 onion dip mix (Epicure)
1 cup mushrooms
1 cup red wine
1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp ground dry mustard
1 tsp Vegan Worcestershire sauce (You could use regular but we have a fish allergy)
French rolls (I used this recipe, usually I make whole wheat rolls but I have been having trouble with making hockey pucks so I switched to all white for a batch)


Put all in crockpot and cook on high for 6 hours,
About 1 hour before serving remove meat with a slotted spoon and shred, Place back in juice in the crockpot on low.
Scoop meat out with slotted spoon and place in rolls (You can toast them and sprinkle with garlic powder before if you would like), if you want you can put a piece if cheese on it. (We don't because I don't like any of the cheese subs) Serve a bowl of the sauce on the side for dipping.



No comments:

Post a Comment