Thursday 8 November 2012

Mini Pumpkin bread with chocolate chips

Like I said last week I love pumpkin bread. Actually I love almost every baked good there is. I've been thinking about making some pumpkin bread since last week. Time just hadn't allowed me to do so, finally I got a chance today and seized it! I'm fairly confident when it comes to making cooking recipes up from scratch, baking is another story. I usually will alter a recipe but I have had my fair share of hockey puck blobs so I don't venture off to creating my own baking recipes. I googled for a vegan pumpkin bread recipe and found one that looked great at the "Happy Herbivore."  I have a thing about chocolate chips and baking, I like to add them to just about everything I make (Enjoy life makes awesome dairy free chocolate chips and chunks)  Since I was adding chocolate chips I needed to adjust the sugar down. I also like have extra of baking to freeze. I recently bought some mini loaf pans from Epicure and love them! 4 of them equal one large loaf, they  make loaves  the perfect size to freeze and look so cute! When using them I have to adjust the baking time since they are smaller.
What is your favourite baked good?





















So without further ado here is the altered recipe:




 Mini Pumpkin bread with chocolate chips (Original unaltered recipe here)


  • ¼ cup plant-based milk (I used coconut)
  • ¼ tsp lemon juice
  • 2 cups pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp Maple syrup
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp Epicure Pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350F. 
Grease or spray a standard bread pan. 
Whisk non-dairy milk and lemon juice together until bubbly and set aside. 
In a medium mixing bowl, cream pumpkin, sugar, syrup and extract together.
In a large bowl, whisk pumpkin pie spice, flour, baking soda, chocolate chips and baking powder together. 
Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir until just combined. 
Pour into bread pans (I used silicone mini loaf pans), using a spatula to evenly distribute and smooth out the top. Grab a large piece of aluminum foil and make a tent over the pan. 
Bake for 1 hour for one large loaf or 30 minutes for 4 mini loaves, To test doneness insert a toothpick in the center, when the it comes out clean it is done. 
Once the bread has cooled but is still slightly warm, gently remove it from the pan and on to a serving plate.
Four mini loaves cooling

No comments:

Post a Comment